In Magento you can add products to your store manually one by one, or many products at once.
Add a single product to Magento
To add one product you have to follow these steps:
- Login to your admin area.
- Choose Catalog -> Magento Products -> Add products
- On the next screen you have to choose your Product setting such as Attribute Set and Product Type. Click on Continue.
- The New Product form will appear. Here you have to fill out the required information such as Name, SKU, Weight, Status, Tax Class, Visibility.
- Click Create New Attribute. You can add the price and description of the item. Don’t forget to click Save and Continue Editing.
- You can add addition information if required.
- Add an image for the product.
- Click Save.
Add many products in Magento at once
If you wan to add many products at one you have to export first a files with one product so you have a sample structure for the products you want to add. You have to fill in the required information – separated by commas, new line for each new products, and upload it back in Magento.
- Go to Catalog -> Manage Categories and create the categories you wish to have.
- Click Save category.
- Add manually a product in each category and export the categories. Click Go to System -> Import/Export -> Profiles and choose Export all products.
- Select Run profile.
- When you are ready, you can use the exported file as a template.
- Fill in the required information such as product name, price, description etc.
- Go to your admin area.
- Choose System -> Import/Export -> Profiles.
- Click on Import All Products.
- Choose CSV/tab separated as data format type and choose the .csv file you want to use.
- Click Save and Continue Edit.
- Then go to Run Profile, select your cvs file in the dropdown menu.
You are ready.