Many providers offer free or paid Magento themes. If you are looking for free templates, you can visit the Official Magento themes collection. For more professional looking paid templates you might wanna check the website of Algozone. If you want to know how to install Magento theme check these instructions…
Magento theme collection
Learn How to Install a Magento theme
You want to install a new Magento theme on your website. If the theme you want to use is available in Magento Connect, you can simply install it through it. If it’s not available through Magento Connect, you will have to install it manually by uploading the theme into the themes folder of your Magento installation. Here our instructions for both options.
If you want to use a theme from Magento Connect, here are few steps for you to follow:
- In order to upload and install a Magento theme, you need its Extension key.
- Go to the detailed view of the theme and click on “Get Extension Key”.
- You have to copy this code.
- Go to the Magento Admin Area / System / Magento Connect / Magento Connect Manager
- Paste the extension key in the field called “Paste extension key to install” and click “Install”
- When you are ready with the installation, you can go to Magento’s Admin Area and activate the theme. Go to System / Configuration / Design / Themes.
- Enter the name of the themes in the Default field and save it.
- From Mangeto Admin Area / CMS / Manage Pages you will be able to choose between different layouts for the different pages you have.
If you want to use a theme that is not available via Magento Connect, here is how to proceed:
- Download the file of the themes
- The file you will get is a zip file – extract this file to your computer. The folders app and skin will appear
- Add these folders to your Magento installation. You need FTP access to your website on the server. You need to upload the folder app to magento/app/design/frontend/default and skin to magento/skin/frontend/default
- After you have done this, go to your admin panel
- Goto the System/Configuration/Design Tab
- Choose the new theme and click Save Config